- Staff with 10-20 years of experience in a Unix based environment and network administration;
- Scripting experience mostly, Shell,Python or AWK/Perl/j2se.
- Experience with operating multiple servers infrastructure (100+);
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering and Computer Science principles;
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting;
- Solid fundamentals in security concepts;
- Ability to work pro-actively and independently;
- Technologies and services we use, operate and rely on:
- Linux (Debian,Ubuntu Centos6/7/8, FreeBSD, (RHEL))
- Free/Net/OpenBSD and their clones.
- Various comercial UNIX flavors.
- KVM, XEN, LXC/LXD, Docker Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Mysq, Postgresql, Postfix, Qmail, Exim, Horde, Courier, Zimbra, Redis, Zabbix, MRTG, CACTI, Nagios, Haproxy loadbalancer, Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, Git, SVN and many others.
Various 3rd party commersial applications :
HP OMS print server, ControlM batch scheduling, VMWare Vcenter and ESXI, Weblogic ,Websphere
Supporting network administration on various routing daemons and hardware routers, firewalls and L2, L3 equipment:
Juniper, Cisco, Brocade/Foundry, Force10, Huawei, etc.
Bird, Quagga/Zebra, packet filters and shapers (nftables/iptables, contrackd, tc, pf/ipf/ipfw, etc)
Managing blade systems, NAS or DAS storrage, etc.
Monitor Linux/BSD Systems functionality
Perform system administration tasks in Linux/BSD environment, such as system maintenance, user maintenance, backup and recovery
Participate in hardware and software installation
Manage systems security issues
Prepare Shell scripts, implement new releases and install new modules and system packages
Identify and analyze the issues that hamper the performance of the system
Installation, support and monitoring of MySQL PGSQL DB Servers, with focus on HP(high performance) and HA(high availability)
Set database performance best practices; review and approve all database procedure changes
Experience in iSCSI Storage Systems maintenance
Experience in Virtualization Technologies
Find and resolve technical problems with our distributed infrastructure and build solutions to prevent them from happening in future;
Analyze existing systems and find out the possibilities for improvement;
Automate routine tasks, create scripts and tools to make daily operations more efficient;
Collaborate with developers providing assistance in introducing new features of infrastructure;
Keep systems up to date in regards to security compliance;
Posibility uppon request to buld and support difficult multi point and multi layered architecture all over the globe.