- More than 10 years experience in a Linux based environment;
- Scripting experience mostly, Shell,Python or AWK/Perl/j2se.
- Experience with operating multiple servers infrastructure (100+);
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering and Computer Science principles;
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting;
- Solid fundamentals in security concepts;
- Ability to work pro-actively and independently;
Technologies and services we use, operate and rely on:
Linux (Debian,Ubuntu Centos6/7/8, FreeBSD, (RHEL))
KVM, XEN, LXC/LXD, Docker Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Mysq, Postgresql, Postfix ,Qmail , Zimbra, Redis, Zabbix, MRTG, CACTI, Haproxy loadbalancer, Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, Git, SVN etc.
Various 3rd party commersial applications :
HP OMS print server, ControlM batch scheduling, VMWare Vcenter and ESXI, Weblogic ,Websphere
– Supporting network administration on various routing daemons and hardware routers, firewalls and L2, L3 equipment:
Juniper M7I,10I 20I M40, Foundry/Brocade, Force10, Cisco cat/os 2000, 3000 series, blade switches etc., quagga/zebra , bird, nftables, iptables, ipfw
Managing blade systems M1000e, C7000 with NAS or DAS storrage etc.
- Monitor Linux Systems functionality
- Perform system administration tasks in Linux environment, such as system maintenance, user maintenance, backup and recovery
- Participate in hardware and software installation
- Manage systems security issues
- Prepare Shell scripts, implement new releases and install new modules and system packages
- Identify and analyze the issues that hamper the performance of the system
- Installation, support and monitoring of MySQL PGSQL DB Servers, with focus on HP(high performance) and HA(high availability)
- Set database performance best practices; review and approve all database procedure changes
- Experience in iSCSI Storage Systems maintenance
- Experience in Virtualization Technologies
- Find and resolve technical problems with our distributed infrastructure and build solutions to prevent them from happening in future;
- Analyze existing systems and find out the possibilities for improvement;
- Automate routine tasks, create scripts and tools to make daily operations more efficient;
- Collaborate with developers providing assistance in introducing new features of infrastructure;
- Keep systems up to date in regards to security compliance;
Posibility uppon request to buld and support difficult multi point and multi layered architecture all over the globe.